Seth and I are movie junkies. We are always at the theatre or blockbuster. So I am doing a mini movie review just to tell you if it is worth seeing or a waste of time. Don't worry, I won't give away details!
*****-Five stars- I wanna watch it again!
****- Four stars- Really good
***-Three Stars-Not to shabby
**-Two Stars-Tolerable
*-One star- An hour and a half of my life that I will never get back!
****Gran Torino- With Clint Eastwood. I give it 4 stars. It was nothing I feel I need to watch again, but the story was great. I don't want to give away any details, but I think Clint Eastwood did a great job, playing his typical macho role. His character cracked me up at times, an old miserable man that didn't give a crap if he hurt your feelings. I highly recommend this film!
***** The Curious Case of Benjamin Button- This is a I wanna see again, if it weren't three hours long! But anything with Brad Pitt (or Johnny Depp) is worth watching twice! It was rather slow at times, but I feel that the lenght of the movie and its pace allowed you to really understand his life and relationships. A shorter version would have left you with gaps wanting to know more. I thought it was sweet, sad and charming film. Even Seth liked it!
***- Bride Wars- I went and saw this one with my girlfriend, and I am one of her bridesmaids so it was perfect. It was cute, sad, and funny. It seemed kinda short though. It was definently the perfect movie for two close friends to watch together, a chick flick no doubt.
**- City of Embers- This was a strange movie. Kinda low-tech futuristic fantasy like. Hard to explain. While decent, there never seemed to be a real climax of the story, no suspense. It was decent, I think I might have enjoyed it if I was younger. Not my kind of movie.
*- Lake View Terrace- With Samuel L Jackson. Again this film had no real climax, it was drawn out, and really strange. It made me realize that even though I don't like all of our neighbors, it could be worse! I don't recommend this film!
*****-Forgetting Sarah Marshal- Hilarouious! NOT a kid movie at all. There is male frontal nudity in this one, but it is freaking hilarious. Thats all i'm gonna say. Watch it!
****- Eagle Eye- I really didn't think that I would like this one, but it wasn't half bad. There were some parts that I thought were a little cheesy, but over all it was a good action movie and had some suspense.
These are just some of the movies i have seen in the past 2 weeks! I have many more that I have seen! If you are thinking about seeing a movie and want to know if it is any good, feel free to ask, i'm sure i've seen it! lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I heard that The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was a movie that should be seen on the big screen. I haven't been to a theater in probably 5 years. Sad isn't it!! Thanks for the reviews. I'll have to watch for the DVD's and talk Jeremy into buying them so I can borrow them! That's really sad isn't it!!
Aunt Sherry
Seth has a friend that downloads movies from netflix and then we burn them on dvds and watch them. hehe We spend way to much money at the theatre so we save money buy doing it this way
The kids really want to see Bedtime Stories. Have you seen it and what is the rating? We saw Bolt over Christmas. It is so sweet. Aunt Cathy
PS I hate Word Verification. I always type in the wrong letters and then they make it easier like I wasn't smart enough to figure it out the first time so they are going to make it easier for me so I can grasp the letters.
I have not seen bedtime stories yet, seth is trying to get it for us so that we can watch it too. I'll let you know!
Post a Comment