Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My art work

Since I blog about school a lot, I thought it would be nice to show people what I actually do...


This is a monochromatic painting that I did of a still life in the classroom. I painted this with my palette knife instead of a paint brush, which was a different experience but I really enjoyed the end result.












This is a fabric project that I did. We had to demonstrate the conceptual and literal meaning of the following words: universal, worn and pattern. the universal part was how fabric is universal and so is war. Worn is shown on areas of the fabric (hard to see from photo), where I used sandpaper and made tears in the fabric canvas. The patterns can be seen in the different fabrics, and the patterns of war. Each image represents a different war and I decided to use the sad images to get a strong emotion from the viewer. This summary is sort of confusing, the original description was a page long.




This was a jacket on hanger, hanging from the wall. I did this in charcoal, and I don't even know how long this took! I love the end result though. Goes to show that hard work and effort are rewarding. I got an A on this one!








This was drawn from negative space (it was a ladder, a vacuum, cords, etc. and instead of drawing the objects, we drew the space between the objects) After we did that we went in an filled the space to make it an abstract. I played with different types of shading and texture (texture hard to see in photo)






I also did the eyeball that is on top of my page just for the heck of it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is perfect Jess. I have wanted to see what you were doing. These are great. I really like the empty space/abstract.
Aunt Cathy

jorn said...

Love your work Jess. I had no idea you had so much artistic talent but I know anything you set your mind to you can do! Grandma Jo

Sherry said...

I didn't know you were into art. You do amazing work Jess!! I am so impressed at your talent. Wow!

Keep creating!!
Aunt Sherry